Practices with Promise Success Story
Submitted By: Robert Bell, Pasadena City College
Aligning Data Collection and Program Practices
- Consortium: Pasadena Area Consortium
- Type of Practice: Data & Accountability
Foster regional and local system integration efforts pertaining to assessment and intake of adult students.
Support data sharing efforts to bolster performance accountability and program evaluation.
- Organizations that were involved: Consortium members, business advisory committees, local workforce organizations.
- Working to ensure outreach activities of consortium members, as identified in annual plans, complement one another in aligning workforce efforts for adults within local job sectors and businesses.
- Maximizing resources and talents across all members to serve adults.
Data collection and analysis processes were aligned to specifically address outcomes expectations of local businesses and to inform choices of curriculum design and delivery.
Consortium members are better position to provide services for varying individuals due to better understanding of how ongoing efforts and activities are meeting the identified needs of adults served. The careful analysis of the data has allow for the necessary formative programmatic changes that are needed.
Members are serving a broader group of end users in similar and complementary job sectors.